New for 2018!! The MalleoLoc L ankle brace (orthosis) is designed for stabilization of the outside of the ankle
An Orthosis is used to describe a single, rigid or semi-rigid device that supports a weak or deformed body member, or restricts or eliminates motion in a diseased or injured part of the body. The MalleoLoc L supports the structures on the outside (lateral) part of the ankle and restricts rolling in of the ankle (Inversion).
During everyday activities such as walking or taking the stairs, an unstable ankle needs protection to prevent spraining. The MalleoLoc L orthosis stabilizes at the outside of the ankle, and fits in narrow shoes thanks to its slim design. Its anatomically shaped L shell and the securing straps are positioned on the foot and the lower leg in such a way that the natural heel-to-toe movement is not restricted. The individually adjustable plantar pad triggers neuromuscular impulses, causing the activated muscles to help stabilize the ankle
MalleoLoc® L – stabilizing slim fit orthosis for the ankle
When walking on uneven surfaces or when walking more quickly, taking the stairs, or during minor sporting activities such as hiking or cycling, the MalleoLoc L orthosis protects an unstable ankle from excessive strain. It prevents spraining and helps to put the foot down securely. Since its shell is positioned exclusively on the side of the lateral malleolus (side of the ankle facing away from the body), it is particularly slim and fits in sports shoes as well as business shoes.
Protective shell and straps
The MalleoLoc L’s anatomically shaped L shell is positioned on the lower leg, sitting in front of the lateral malleolus, and extending slightly across the instep. It is fastened at the lower leg and the foot using two non-elastic Velcro straps. This means the orthosis protects the ankle from incorrect movements which may cause recurring sprains. The foot’s natural heel-to-toe movement is supported. If required, you can attach a small functional cushion (plantar pad) on the sole of the foot. During walking, its counter-pressure stimulates the muscles that are responsible for lifting the foot, contributing to the active stabilization of the ankle for better coordination during everyday activities.
Slim fit for daily use
The MalleoLoc L must be worn in shoes to stabilize the ankle. Thanks to its one-sided shell, it is particularly slim and fits in sports shoes as well as business shoes. The inside of the shell is soft and comfortably padded, and features an easy-care microfiber top cover. The orthosis is available in one universal size for the right or left foot.
One size fits all.
- Stabilizes at the outside of the ankle after injuries and in the event of ligament weakness
- Ensures secure support in the shoe during everyday activities
- Slim fit for sports and business shoes
- The foot’s natural heel-to-toe movement is not impaired
- Discreet support in everyday life
- Anatomically contoured L shell for a perfect fit
- Talar shift is restricted to effectively support healing
- Microfiber cushioning and soft straps for excellent wearing comfort
- Removable plantar pad for additional muscular stabilization
Medical Indications for Use
- Conservative treatment of ankle sprains and ligament ruptures
- Acute and chronic capsular ligament instabilities
- Prevention of chronic ligament instability
- Inflammatory and degenerative functional impairments
Be the first to ask a question.